Oktoberfest Pork Tenderloin
Farm Fresh's Corp. Exec. Chef Bob Hirasawa made us his Oktoberfest Pork Tenderloin.
Ingredients:1 Pork Tenderloin
sprinkle Salt and Pepper
10 strips Bacon
2 Tbsp Canola oil
3 Links Bratwurst (cooked)
½ cup Onions (diced)
1 cup Dried Apricots (chopped)
1 cup Dried Cranberries
1 cup Apple Sauce
12 Sage leaves
1 Tbsp Thyme leaves
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Beer (your choice)
½ cup Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs
Directions:1. Butterfly the Pork Tenderloin, first making an incision lengthwise through the roast, but not cutting all of the way through. Fold apart the two sides and with your knife split each half again but not cutting all of the way through, rolling the meat out until you have a somewhat even thickness of meat.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
3. Combine the apricots, cranberries and Beer and allow to the fruit to soften for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Heat a large sauce pan, add canola oil and Bratwurst cook thoroughly. Add onions, cook until clear and soft, add the fruit and beer mixture to deglaze, then the apple sauce and herbs. Mix well then add breadcrumbs to thicken to a pliable state, remove from heat and allow to cool to slightly.
5. Season the pork with salt and pepper, then spread the stuffing mixture evenly over the pork.
6. From one end start rolling the pork, continue until roll is completely formed and seam is facing up, place aside.
7. On the cutting board lay the bacon strips across the board side by side, place the pork roast down the center of the bacon strips.
8. Pull the bacon strips up and across the seam.
9. In pan sear the bacon covered roast, starting with the seam side down.
10. Place the roast seam side down in a roasting pan and place in heated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, check temperature of roast internal temperature needs to reach 155ºF.
11. Allow roast to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.