Pistachio Crusted Chicken Pillard
Farm Fresh's Corp. Exec. Chef Bob Hirasawa made Pistachio Crusted Chicken Pillard & Avocado Salad.
4 each Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
2 Cups Shelled Pistachios (crushed)
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 each Large Eggs (beaten)
¼ cup Water (add to eggs)
Pinch Salt and Pepper
2 - 3 Cups Canola Oil
4 Cups Bibb, Romaine, Leaf Lettuces
2 Cups Baby Arugula
2 each Avocado (Large dice)
1 Cup Fresh Mozzarella (bite size)
½ pint Grape Tomatoes (halved)
2 Tbsp Scallions (sliced)
½ Cup Sherry Vinegar
3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch Ground White Pepper
Directions:1) Pound Chicken Breasts to thin (1/4”) even thickness and to the size to full your dining plates – between plastic wrap sheets.
2) Make a breading sequence, first- flour, second-beaten eggs with water, third- crushed Pistachios and Panko Breadcrumbs, season each with pinch of Salt and Pepper.
3) Coat each piece of Chicken through each stage of breading station, flour – shake off excess flour, then to egg mixture, then to Breadcrumb mixture – pressing breadcrumbs on to Chicken to insure it sticks well.
4) Heat canola oil in sauce pan or stock pot, about ½ inch deep oil.
5) Fry each piece of Chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side, will cook quickly, cook to golden brown. Remove and drain on rack or paper towels.
6) To make Salad: in large bowl combine, Lettuces (tear into bite size pieces), Arugula, Avocado, Mozzarella, Grape Tomatoes and Sliced Scallions.
7) To make Dressing: in separate bowl combine Sherry Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Honey – mix well, then whip in the Olive Oil, add White Pepper, whip and taste, adjust if needed.
8) Drizzle half dressing over salad and toss lightly…add more if desired.
9) Serve Chicken on plate and place dressed salad over chicken, in center or off center, whatever you desire.
11) Add more dressing if desired, serve immediately.