Farro Pilaf with Roasted Corn and Fresh Herbs
Farm Fresh's Corp. Exec. Chef Bob Hirasawa made Farro Pilaf with Roasted Corn and Fresh Herbs.
Ingredients:1½ cups Farro Grain
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
¼ cup Chopped Onion
1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
4 cups Chicken Broth or Stock
½ Cup Roasted Corn Kernels
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Chives
2 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper To Taste
Directions:1) Rinse Farro in strainer.
2) In sauce pot, heat and add olive oil, the onions and garlic, cook until onions are clear.
3) Add the Farro, mix well and then Chicken Stock.
4) Bring to boil the reduce to medium cook uncovered for about 15-20 minutes or until all stock is absorbed.
5) In the meantime Roast Corn on the Cobb or you can remove kernels and fry in a pan on your stove top, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Place aside.
6) Once the Farro is cooked, fold the corn and herbs into the Farro, season with salt and pepper.
7) Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.