Chef Bob from Farm Fresh makes his Egg Strata
Ingredients:Large Eggs 6
Half and Half 4 cups
Fresh Spinach 2 cups Packed
Grated Romano Cheese 1/2 cup
Chopped Fresh Oregano 2 Tbsp
Salt ½ tsp
Black Pepper ¼ tsp
Thick Sliced Bacon 1 pound
Hot Italian Sausage, casings removed 1 pound
Red Bell Pepper, julienne 1 each
Rustic Bread Loaf 1 each, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Coarsely Grated Smoked Gouda Cheese 2 Cups
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) Butter 13x9x2- inch ceramic or glass baking dish.
3) Whisk first 8 ingredients in large bowl.
4) Cook Bacon until almost crispy.
5) Cook Sausage breaking it up into chunks.
6) Cook Red Pepper until al dente. Combine with Sausage and Bacon.
7) Arrange half of bread slices in prepared dish. Pour half of egg mixture over. Sprinkle with half of cheese, then half of sausage pepper mixture. Repeat layering.
8) Let stand 20 minutes, occasionally pressing on bread to submerge.
9) Bake Strata until puffed and brown, about 1 hour at 325ºF oven.
10) Serve warm with fresh fruits or your favorite side dishes.